Presented by Freedom Academy
Sept. 20 - Dec. 19; Meets Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; 4 - 8 p.m.
Heartland Career Center, 79 S 200 W, Wabash
$3,562 - Includes all materials, texts and exam fees.
This program is designed to prepare students to function as professionals in multiple healthcare settings.
Medical assistants with a clinical background perform various clinical tasks including assisting with the administration of medications and with minor procedures, performing an EKG electrocardiogram, obtaining laboratory specimens for testing, patient education and other related tasks. Job opportunities are prevalent with physician’s offices, clinics, chiropractic offices, hospitals and outpatient facilities.
Training for CPR and First Aid certification are provided in this class. Prepares students to take the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Exam.
Applicants can call Freedom Academy at (260) 347-0887
to register for this course.
Tuition is FREE
for qualified students through two funding options:
Workforce Ready Grants
Wabash County Resident Scholarships
- Available to cover costs for Indiana residents over 18 years old, whom have a high school diploma/GED/HSE, and does not have a degree past high school.
- Participants that meet that criteria should fill out the Workforce Ready Application and submit completed form to Kassandra Flanagan, Program Manager at Ivy Tech Corp College, (260) 480-4214 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Workforce Ready Grant application here.
- Available through Grow Wabash County scholarships, made possible by grant funding from the Community Foundation of Wabash County and the Wabash County United Fund.
- Apply Here: www.growwabashcounty.com/trainingscholarship