Reports To: Operations Manager
Primary Role: Day-to-day maintenance and servicing of assigned Commercial Lines accounts, including but not limited to:
- Marketing and placement of CL new business and renewal accounts.
- Maintaining a high level of client service and satisfaction.
- Achieving firm account retention goals through proactive account rounding, up-selling of limits and coverages, and by providing extraordinary client service.
- Appropriate State license(s). Minimum 3 years’ insurance brokerage or equivalent experience. Completion of CISR or ACSR designation; currently enrolled in ARM, AU, or CPCU program.Two-year associate college degree required; four-year college degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all lines of commercial insurance, including sophisticated and less common coverages, especially those products represented through firm.
- Thorough knowledge of brokerage operations including claims handling, procedures, commercial lines rating, firm management system, and applicable insurance laws/codes.
- Experience and expertise in operating in electronic environment; excellent automation skills, including MIS, Outlook, Word, Excel, document management software, carrier proprietary systems, and phone systems.
- Familiarity with risk assessment and risk management techniques.
- Excellent time management, organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and self-direction.
- Support Advisors’ sales efforts by developing complete submissions on new and renewal business and obtain quotes in conjunction with firm marketing procedures.
- Perform annual review and risk exposure analysis of renewal policies for proper coverage, incorporating information obtained from client and/or Advisor.
- Maintain MIS client files and ensure proper documentation, by processing all policies, endorsement changes, invoices, binders, certificates of insurance, documentation, activities, etc., according to firm procedures and timelines.
- Maintain control of renewal expiration lists, binders, audits, and aged receivables in accordance with firm guidelines.
- Respond to client inquiries, incoming e-mail, mail, and company requests in accordance with firm guidelines.
- Review all items to be processed, to insure items were received as ordered.
- Prepare billing following firm’s credit and collections policies.
- Participate in courses for insurance/sales skills. Maintain current knowledge of underwriting requirements of carriers. Keep current with industry trends by reading appropriate journals and company bulletins.
- Participate in any special projects at management’s request.