Purpose of the role
The individual in this position will use his/her knowledge to direct and coordinate employees engaged in electrical and mechanical maintenance activities as well as supervise maintenance and repairs of facility’s physical structures, grounds and equipment. The role performs audits, and ensures environmental pollution control equipment is maintained according to business and Federal guidelines. This role will also be responsible for implementing key capital projects, and providing engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve operations in the plant. This position requires an individual with great technical ability, and excellent communication skills.
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining a safe working environment for employees in the maintenance area, and any contractors performing mechanical, electrical or other maintenance function at plant site. Will be responsible for making safety observations to proactively prevent workplace injury.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable environmental regulations in the plant, ensuring that proper PMs are being performed and that production equipment is fully compliant with all environmental requirements
- Analyzes severity and prioritizes daily emergencies, to minimize plant down time as well as maximize plant productivity.
- Assigns and instructs subordinates in desired repairs. Coordinates preventative maintenance schedules and monitors all repairs for safety, quality, methods of repair, and cost effectiveness.
- Performs basic plant and field engineering for equipment design, fabrication and installation. Inspects repairs for structural soundness, possible methods to improve operations and cost effectiveness.
- Maintains equipment manuals for present use and future reference, having correct data and dimensions for plant modifications, new installations and current applications.
- Locates and purchases necessary materials for maintenance repairs. Investigates material substitutions for equipment and process improvements. Adheres to projected costs.
- Maintains an active cost reduction program, tracking past projects and evaluating new ideas.
- Screens all maintenance purchase requests, and contacts suppliers on availability, costs, quality, and substitution requirements as needed.
- Tracks purchases from initiation stage, through delivery/storage, into use or installation and payment approval.
- Generates and tracks paper work for all electrical and mechanical items purchased and maintains filing system containing equipment history and documentation of all purchased items.
- Schedules equipment and facility shut-down with production department and plant manager.
- Checks production records for daily equipment usage, and analyzes equipment usage for ways improve production equipment utilization.
- Manages 5 to 10 employees engaged in electrical/mechanical maintenance activities. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Real Alloy policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Tracks OEE performance of equipment at plant.
- A degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of related industrial experience, including planning, maintenance, and direct supervision.
- Ability and desire to relocate within Real Alloy.
- Technical and managerial skills are required in this position, with ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Must be able to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case by case basis as encountered. Must exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed.
- General knowledge and proficiency in Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of aluminum processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and TPM a plus.
At this time, Real Alloy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.