Grow Wabash County Office Administrator
Reports To: Vice President FLSA: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Oversees office operations and improves productivity for the team to allow the organization to best serve stakeholders. This team-oriented person is imperative to the other team members and must be adaptable and willing to continually learn as projects shift. This highly organized person will organize office operations and procedures, be the accounting liaison, control correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assist with clerical functions coordinating the services and duties of various other personnel within or outside of the organization.
Hours of Employment:
This is a full-time position at 40 hours a week, generally Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., in office located in downtown Wabash with occasional adjustments to evenings and weekends due to special events and programs. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally required to travel within Wabash County and regionally.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Strong Communication Skills
- Innovative Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented, Multitasker
- Punctual and Efficient
- Strong Initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data management software
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Frontline customer contact by handling all incoming calls, office visitors, and office process requests including gift checks sales, certificate of origins, business consulting appointments, conference room bookings, etc.
- Create, implement, and maintain office organization systems that enable and encourage the optimum performance for the team
- Oversee accounts payable/processing payments and accounts receivable/issuing invoices, etc. and act as a liaison between external accountant. Process and track dues and event registrations, etc.
- Monitor office supplies and oversee purchases while prioritizing ordering supplies with investors or local vendors whenever possible
- Keep schedules/calendars updated for organization
- Provide administrative support for team members and other such relevant duties as assigned
- Assist with outreach to stakeholders and investors to invite them to events, coordinate benefits, and answer questions, etc.
- Manage the customer relationship management software and ensure data is up-to-date for each member on an ongoing basis
- Organize meetings including send reminders, set up meeting room, confirm attendees, prepare materials, take minutes during meetings, send follow-up after meetings, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information that may be imparted to or by superiors, clients, constituents, elected or appointed officials, co-workers, other employees, and/or other persons
- We are a small, agile team therefore there is growth opportunities so the job description may be altered based on experience, expertise and skillset
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Literacy
- 20% stipend on top of annual salary for benefits
- Paid time off
- Parental and/or Family paid leave
- Annual Professional Development budgeted
- Cell phone reimbursement stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
Grow Wabash County is a non-profit that was formed in 2017 combining the Economic Development Group of Wabash County and the Wabash County Chamber of Commerce together into a new entity focusing on five areas of service to Wabash County – Enhancing Livability in the Community, Business Development, Workforce & Talent Development, Fostering Entrepreneurship, and Investor Services. GWC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/drop off to Grow Wabash County at 214 S Wabash St. Wabash, IN 46992.