Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic (Diesel) Opportunity Available!
Are you looking to join a great organization with a rich history of success? Are you looking for a new career and great job opportunity? MPS Egg Farms' Feedmill located in North Manchester, Indiana is looking for a qualified Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic (Diesel).
We offer good pay, steady hours, bonus potential, and a full benefits package that includes a generous matching 401(k)plan, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, and other benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in starting a career in the agricultural industry.
MPS Egg Farms is one of the largest and most reliable shell egg producers in the United States, with roots dating back to 1875. We are currently the 8th largest egg producer in the US, with over 11 million hens. Three of our main complex operations and other support facilities including our corporate office are located in North Manchester, Indiana. We also have operations in Illinois and Texas.
The Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic completes inspections, maintenance and repairs on trucks, trailers, pickups, and other heavy-duty vehicles. This position performs major and technically difficult diagnostics, repairs, and overhauls/rebuilds, including vehicle inspections in a timely manner ensuring that safety, quality, time standards, customer expectations, cost guidelines, and reliability goals are met. This role works cooperatively and collaboratively with a customer service focus with all levels of employees to maximize vehicle fleet performance and results. Diesel mechanics ensure that their services are in full compliance with all established safety procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair and perform various types of maintenance on heavy-duty diesel engine tractors and trailers under limited supervision
- Conduct electrical, fuel, and other diagnostics
- Inspect hydraulic systems and brakes, suspensions, transmissions, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components on trucks
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems using industry standard test procedures and computer diagnostic equipment
- Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; and completing winterization procedures
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems
- Check batteries, lubricate parts, and change oil according to required maintenance schedule to prevent engine failure
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that everything is operating properly
- Maintain proper service records on all completed work
- Responsible for ensuring that a clean, tidy and hazard free working environment is maintained to defined standards
- Work productively in a team environment and assist in any areas or operations as assigned
- Perform general administration, recordkeeping, documentation, and information tracking as required
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities to ensure efficient operations
- Attend meetings, training, and educational classes as required
- Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Prior work experience of 1-3 years in a similar role in a diesel repair and maintenance position
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Vocational certification in diesel automotive technology preferred
- Reliable and dependable work ethic
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- Able to follow spoken and written instructions in English
- This position demands high mechanical skills on med./heavy duty trucks with considerable knowledge of methods, material, tools and techniques used in vehicle repair and maintenance
- Requires skills in the use of power and hand tools, use of diagnostic equipment, acetylene and electric arc welding, and the operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions
- Must have initiative and the ability to act and to operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Able to push, bend, reach, stoop, squat, and pull continuously in awkward positions
- Able to stand/walk continually on a daily basis
- Able to perform all aspects of this job (repetitive movements, standing for long periods, lifting up to 75 pounds)
- Exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, oils, lubricants, and hot/cold weather conditions
No Fowl Ownership
The Company strictly prohibits employees from owning or being associated with any type of fowl, including, but not limited to, chickens, ducks, geese, quail or pet birds.
MPS Egg Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic (Diesel) (breezy.hr)