Reports To: CEO
Primary Role: Responsible for retention and comprehensive servicing on all assigned large Commercial Lines renewal accounts, including but not limited to:
- Marketing, negotiation, and placement of CL new business and renewal accounts.
- Serve as a partner to clients in developing the appropriate insurance portfolio, including but not limited to: exposure analysis; and development and implementation of customized client risk management programs to maximize client financial results.
- Achieve firm account retention goals through creative management of accounts, including proactive account rounding, up-selling of limits and coverages, as a result of exposure analysis.
- Development and execution of service plans for selected accounts, including loss control and risk management as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating new business submissions on assigned large CL accounts.
- Serve as a resource to CL Account Managers
- Appropriate State license(s). Minimum 5 years’ insurance brokerage or equivalent experience. Completion of CISR or ACSR designation; and ARM, AU, CIC, or CRM designation. Currently enrolled in CPCU or other national level designation program.
- Two-year associate college degree required; four-year college degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all lines of commercial insurance, including sophisticated and less common coverages, especially those products represented through firm.
- Thorough knowledge of brokerage operations including claims handling, procedures, commercial lines rating, firm management system, and applicable insurance laws/codes.
- Experience and expertise in operating in a completely automated environment.
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment, loss control, and risk management techniques.
- Excellent time management, organizational, technological, and verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and self-direction.
- Participate in the production process by developing complete submissions on new and renewal business and obtain proposals in conjunction with firm marketing procedures.
- Perform annual review and risk exposure analysis of renewal policies for proper coverage, incorporating information obtained from client. These reviews may be in person and require travel.
- Maintain control of automated client files, ensure proper documentation, and reduce the potential for E&O issues through expert use of automation and procedures, within established firm timelines.
- Remain “on call” occasionally as necessary to answer clients’ questions via e-mail or phone as needed, to maintain the highest level of service.
- Serve as a resource to all clients as needed, in addition to handling assigned accounts.
- Participate in any special projects at management’s request.