At PaperWorks, we are in pursuit of being recognized as a Great Place to Work®. To get there, we need an experienced, motivated Project Engineer to join the team in our Wabash, IN Paper Mill reporting to the Plant Engineer. In this role, you will provide technical services to the Company in various capacities. In addition to managing capital projects, the Project Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and investigating opportunities to improve the reliability and utilization of the Mill’s asset base. The Project Engineer should be self-motivated, creative, act as a team leader, and show initiative to strive for continuous improvement in all assignments.
How you will impact PaperWorks:
· Manage small to large capital and major maintenance projects.
· Prepare estimates, budgets, schedules, materials, and contract specifications for projects.
· Coordinate design and construction activities with operations, field personnel, procurement, engineering, and construction contractors and manages projects to ensure on budget and on schedule completion.
· Provide support to field maintenance technicians and operations staff.
· Maintain Company technical standards and design criteria.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards for assigned projects
· Appropriately communicate with Management on status and developments of projects assigned and/or in progress.
· Support capital project development, define project scopes, complete project estimates, and support design and construction.
· Review projects for technical accuracy and clarity and deliver presentations as required to support project updates, justification, and explanation.
What you will need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering.
· Two (2) – five (5) years of practical engineering experience in paper or manufacturing environment.
· Understanding of and ability to apply basic engineering principles. Advanced understanding of an integrated paper mill processes is a plus.
· Demonstrated Project Management experience. Ability to coordinate and manage small to large projects.
· Excellent organizational skills, which require identification and resolution of issues on a timely basis and proactive communication with colleagues around the company.
· Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills to build relationships and effectively communicate with team members company wide. Ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of the organization.
· An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and project manager with a positive attitude!
This document outlines the minimum requirements of the position and is not intended to be all-inclusive of duties.