The Tooling Engineer is responsible for tooling and process fixture design. This position is a highly visible and responsible role that is accountable to uphold the quality and standards of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design off line processing fixtures
- Design foundry tooling
- Design core assembly fixtures, unloader fixtures, filing fixture
- Design gages – in-process foundry gages
- Document foundry tooling models, fixtures, foundry gages
- And, any additional duties that may be assigned by Management.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent ability communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills – Unigraphics NX10, Solidworks 2018, Microsoft Office; and, record keeping skills.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, blue prints and drawings.
- Ability to maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
- Ability to lead projects to create a collaborative working environment pushing projects to on-time completion; and, ability to provide leadership in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to make decisions, results driven and strong follow through skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to details; good analytical problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal comfortably with all levels within the organization; ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BS or BA Degree in Engineering or other related discipline.
- Preferred at least 3 years progressive experience in Design Engineering. Preferably automotive environment.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; Mini Tab; Unigraphics, Auto CAD and Solidworks.