This position is responsible for keeping furnaces cleaned, charged and in specification relative to production requirements including metal delivery, furnace cleaning, specific gravity control, furnace charging and unloading delivery trucks
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clean furnace by hand and with forklift – 2nd shift only.
- Repair and/or change ladles.
- Dump pans in dross trailer.
- Unloads material with forklift and moves material.
- Assist with filling furnaces by using appropriate methods.
- Degasses and adds gas to furnaces.
- Monitors and adjusts thermostat controller.
- Ensures metal is within specification; and ensures metal is balance with the correct metallurgical properties.
- Identification of various metal types.
- Participation in 5S activities.
- Completes all necessary paperwork required for the position.
- Must adhere to all plant-wide regulations for safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Must read and understand work instructions.
- Must complete paperwork as necessary for position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good communication skills; and, work in a team environment.
- Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions; and, to follow directions with attention to detail.
- Ability to use hand tools.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Requires previous manufacturing experience.
- High school diploma or GED.