This position is responsible for operating the core machine and making/assembling bonded sand cores.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operating the core machine.
- Blowing out core boxes with air wands.
- Cleaning core boxes.
- Assembling cores.
- Removal of fins from cores as necessary.
- Proper usage of chill coat and hot & cold glue.
- Proper usage of core hoist.
- Trouble shooting issues with cores that come out of the box, repairing core boxes, claying core boxes.
- Visually inspect parts before and after process.
- Must adhere to all location specific and plant-wide regulations for safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Must complete paperwork as necessary for position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good communication skills; and, work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of how to use basic measuring devices.
- Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions; and, to follow directions with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate hand tools.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Experience not necessary but preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.