Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
The individual is responsible for assisting physicians, Advanced Practice Nurses, nurses, and Behavioral Health Consultants with delegated responsibilities. Driving between Bowen Center service locations may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist physician/nurse practitioner with various clinic duties, including:
- Phone calls
- Medication education materials
- Managing the referral process
- Enter vital signs and other clinical data in patient record, ensuring that charting is accurate and comprehensive.
- Prepare patient charts/information for medical appointments, ensuring that chartingis accurate and comprehensive.
- Track and coordinate data pertinent to patients' care (ie. Medication assistance and sample medications, drug utilization evaluations, etc.).
- Complete prior authorizations for medications and referrals as needed.
- Continue to further education by attending continuing education and training courses for continued certification.
- Review all outpatient medication storage and administration locations for monthly pharmacy review requirements.
- Certificate or Professional License: Certification in Medical Assisting
- Experience: Preferred minimum of (1) year of working in a medical office setting. Prefer psychiatric experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic knowledge of psychiatric disorders, medications, and mental health issues. CPI, CPR, and First Aid (provided during Bowen Center orientation).
- Valid driver’s license and active liability insurance.
- Satisfactory results from criminal background check.
->As an agency that works with a vulnerable demographic of individuals, we require extensive pre-employment background checks that aide in fulfilling our mission to protect our patients, keeping them safe from abuse and harm, by hiring quality and trustworthy staff.
->As a State-Of-the-Art Healthcare Organization and a Federal Contractor Agency – we require all individuals who join Team Bowen to receive a flu shot and COVID vaccine to further protect our staff and the patients we serve. There are options for exemption applications, but approval is not always guaranteed.
Licenses & Certifications