MDS Coordinator - RN/LPN
Bring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E.; they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv – Have immediate access to up to 50% for your pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available - Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Telehealth options also available
- Nurse & CNA preceptor program – Become a mentor and get paid!
- Grow our staff thru the O2NE program that offers fully paid LPN or RN higher education and training
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resource available for anyone in the ASC family.
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve by providing them care and compassion
- Acting as a positive teammate to fellow employees by helping onboard new teammates.
- You will promote individualized support and care of residents by coordinating the completion of assessment using RAI tools.
- In this role you will act as a resident advocate by managing the interdisciplinary care plan process.
- Oversees management of and information involving resident assessments for case mix reimbursement and transmits MDS reports according to strict guidelines.
- You will serve as a member of Quality Improvement committees to enhance positive resident outcomes.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, preferably BSN.
- Minimum of one year in nursing management in the long-term care industry.
- Two years professional nursing experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative care, or geriatric nursing setting.
- Knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instrument, Interdisciplinary Care planning process, and Minimum Data set 2.0.
- Knowledge of OBRA regulations and familiarity of current state reimbursement guidelines.
- Knowledge of current laws and regulations that influence provision of care and services in nursing facilities.
We are committed to the safety and health of our team members, residents and families we serve. As such, ASC is proud to have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, requiring COVID-19 vaccination(s) for all employees and new hires. In accordance with our mission to compassionately serve every resident with quality care and excellence, we firmly believe that vaccinating all employees is essential for our customer’s safety and health. New hires, including rehires, will need to show evidence of full vaccination on or before start or receive their first dose or one dose vaccine prior to start date.
As such, we are asking those candidates who wish to request an exemption from being required to be vaccinated, submit a request for their exemption through the process outlined in the electronic onboarding paperwork. Should you have any questions regarding this, please speak with your recruiting contact directly.
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.