Nurse Aide in Training
Evening Shift & Night Shift Opportunities Available
At American Senior Communities, our Nurse Aide In Training positions help provide person-centered care to our residents while earning their Certified Nurse Aide certification.
ASC’s Nurse Aide Training program is a paid job opportunity that anyone can apply for to become a Certified Nurse Aide. With no previous work experience required, you complete the 30 hours of classroom and 75 hours of on-the-floor clinical to become a CNA. After completion of the CNA program, additional pathways and opportunities are available to those who want to advance their career in nursing.
What ASC’s Nurse Aide Training Program can offer you:
- Free textbook
- Unlimited one-on-one time with your instructor
- Free study materials
- Free uniform
- Free State testing attempts
- Stepping stones to grow your nursing career
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Assists in making resident beds.
- Transports residents in wheelchairs to and from activities, the dining room, and therapy in an efficient manner.
- Distributes clothing protectors to residents in the dining room.
- May assist with dining room presetting of coffee and drinks.
- Passes food trays to residents but does not assist with feeding.
- Ensures that clean ice water pitchers and cups are provided and are full in each resident’s room no less than
once per shift/tour of duty.
- Assists in maintaining order and cleanliness n unit including cleaning pantry, cleaning utility rooms,
wheelchairs, Geri-chairs, beside tables, keep bedside drawers’ closets, wardrobe, and table organized.
- Keeps resident personal care items separated in bags.
- Transports soiled clothing to laundry or to repair.
- Fills linen carts, obtains linens or distributes linens to resident.
- Participates or assists with resident activities.
- Immediately reports unusual occurrences, significant changes in residents physical or behavioral condition,
patterns of decreased social interactions, angry sad behavior and refusals of treatment to the Unit Charge Nurse.
- Complies with the company’s privacy practices and procedures related to resident and employee records and
all state and federal privacy practices and procedures related to resident and employee records and all state and
federal privacy laws including HIPAA.
- Complies with and adheres to the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required by the Bloodborne Pathogens Standards.
- Protective Personal Equipment (PPE), including personal protective equipment for eyes, face, extremities, protective clothing, and protective shield and barriers, will be provided,
used, and maintained.
- Demonstrates teamwork and prompt and regular attendance to work to ensure that quality care and services are
provided to the patients we serve.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv – Hourly employees have immediate access up to 50% of your earned pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available – Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Grow your clinical career thru the O2NE program that offers fully paid LPN or RN higher education and training
- Employees can access convenient telehealth services
- PTO and holiday pay for full time staff
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- Generous Education Reimbursement for New Nursing Graduates
- RecogNation platform – recognizes employees who embody our Culture of Care by doing the right thing at the right time, the right way for the right reason.
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resources available for employees and household family members of employees.
- Employee Referral Program – get paid to refer a friend to join our team
- Pathogen Reducing Air purification devices in corridors and common areas to help combat COVID-19
We are committed to the safety and health of our team members, residents and families we serve. As such, ASC is proud to have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, requiring COVID-19 vaccination(s) for all employees and new hires. In accordance with our mission to compassionately serve every resident with quality care and excellence, we firmly believe that vaccinating all employees is essential for our customer’s safety and health. New hires, including rehires, will need to show evidence of full vaccination on or before start or receive their first dose or one dose vaccine prior to start date. Should you have any questions regarding this, please speak with your recruiting contact directly.
The Company understands and respects that a limited number of candidates may have personal reasons for not receiving the vaccine. As such, we are asking those candidates who wish to request an exemption from being required to be vaccinated, submit a request for their exemption through their supervisor once hired.
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Apply Here: Nurse Aide in Training | Welcome! (ultipro.com)