The Plant Technician is responsible for the operation of all plant processing equipment and performing routine basic maintenance in a highly automated chemical facility. In the area of maintenance, Plant Technicians are responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance, basic repair, and cleaning of all equipment associated with bioprocessing processes. At times, Plant Technicians may be asked to assist Maintenance Technicians in more technical and complex maintenance procedures. Team members in this position are required to maintain knowledge of the process flow, computerized equipment, and be aware of hazards associated with the process as well as understand and execute standard operating procedures (SOPs). Continuous plant operation requires 12-hour shift work. Plant Technicians must be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays and be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE)…
- Use your knowledge to maintain and operate all processes associated with the plant where required.
- Perform maintenance and basic repairs of plant equipment and document these activities.
- Operate the DCS (Distributed Control System) for the plant.
- Safely perform basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Follow procedures for plant start-up, shut-down, cleaning, and batching.
- Maintain accurate and timely logs.
- Collect and test quality control samples, interpret QA/QC results and make adjustments to optimize plant operations, timely and accurately document results and enter results into our data collection system, PI.
- Assist in removal, installation, rebuild, and performance of preventive and predictive maintenance on all equipment associated with plant processes.
- Help to keep your plant clean by following the sanitation schedule and completing all tasks as assigned.
- Notify the management team of safety, environmental, quality and production concerns, problems and opportunities.
- Keep your plant safe by fostering a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!