Validate/audit processes and products throughout the facility, perform part inspections and control all non-conforming material through MRB. Coordinate activities with quality management to review and disposition all Non-conforming material. Perform in process product testing as needed (first piece x-ray). Work with QE to perform established Safe Launch inspections plans. Participate on quality improvement teams. Work with Layout technicians to support new work and production checks. Perform incoming material inspections as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- MRB Disposition
- In-process inspection – Castings
- Shift Checks
- X-ray samples
- GP12 (Safe Launch)
- Follow work instructions
- CS1 (Special Sort Inspection)
- In-process inspection – X-ray
- Enter all scrap in data base
- Perform final audit
- Special inspection projects
- Abnormality identification
- Must adhere to all plant-wide regulations for safety, quality, and housekeeping.
- Must complete paperwork as necessary for the position.
- Supports TS16949 and ISO14001 initiatives.
- And, any additional duties that may be assigned by Management.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good communication skills; and, work in a team environment.
- Must have good judgment and decision making skills.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of how to appropriately wear job required PPE.
- Knowledge of how to use basic measuring devices; and, handheld gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions; and, to follow directions with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate hand tools.
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 40 lbs; tolerate repetitive bending and twisting; and, stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in temperatures with variations ranging from approximately 100 degrees in the summer to approximately 65 degrees in the winter.
- Casting Defect Analysis
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Knowledge of basic SPC/Trend Analysis.
- Basic knowledge of statistical Tools (i.e. Sampling Plans).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Requires one year manufacturing experience.
- High school diploma or GED.