Purpose of the Role:A Lab/Assay Tech at our Wabash Specification facility will be responsible for test results for numerous scrap types and final analysis for the melting of scrap aluminum raw materials from rotary and reverb furnaces and the production of molten, sow and ingot products. Perform quality audits and inspections as required.
- Convert scrap units into scrap disc for laboratory analysis.
- Provide accurate and prompt analysis and recoveries of raw materials.
- Accountable for undertakings and activities with respect to testing procedures, the control of product inspection and testing laboratories within the plant to ensure customer requirements and specifications are met.
- Meet established production schedules, quality specifications, and required deviations according to customer requirements.
- Operate the plant spectrometer by established procedures to ensure correct customer chemistries.
- Direct efforts to comply with:
- General Plant Policies
- Plant Safety and Housekeeping Policies and Programs
- Plant Environmental Policies and Programs
- Adhere to Company’s safety procedures and housekeeping requirements.
- Ensure proper record keeping of shift activities.
- Ensure defined procedures are followed when emergency and/or unique situations arise.
- Participate in all Company training programs as instructed. Keep current regarding new innovations and recommend new procedures to reduce costs.
- Develop and complete a plan designed to improve the skills and knowledge necessary to this position.
- Account for any special job assignments or other duties as directed by the Receiving or Quality Managers.
- High School Diploma or GED and two to three years directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and directly related laboratory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routing reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations is required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
At this time, Real Alloy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.