Presented by Freedom Academy
Sept. 27 - Dec. 20; Meets Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; 4 - 8 p.m.
Heartland Career Center, 79 S 200 W, Wabash
$3,983 - Includes all materials, texts and exam fees.
The CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Operator Certification program is an intensive program designed to prepare individuals for entry level CNC Operator jobs.
Instruction covers set up and operation of CNC mill, manual lathe and vertical milling machines, automated machining, blueprint reading, shop mathematics, machine tool theory, inspection, surface plate techniques and basic operation.
Students will be involved in the machining of basic parts on manual machines and prep them for CNC operation.
It is recommended that students have basic skills in algebra, geometry, right-angle trigonometry, good proficiency in computation of fractions, decimals and order of operations. Students may attempt up to three NIMS certifications during this course.
Applicants can call Freedom Academy at (260) 347-0887
to register for this course.
Tuition is FREE
for qualified students through two funding options:
Workforce Ready Grants
Wabash County Resident Scholarships
- Available to cover costs for Indiana residents over 18 years old, whom have a high school diploma/GED/HSE, and does not have a degree past high school.
- Participants that meet that criteria should fill out the Workforce Ready Application and submit completed form to Kassandra Flanagan, Program Manager at Ivy Tech Corp College, (260) 480-4214 at email@example.com.
- Download the Workforce Ready Grant application here.
- Available through Grow Wabash County scholarships, made possible by grant funding from the Community Foundation of Wabash County and the Wabash County United Fund.
- Apply Here: www.growwabashcounty.com/trainingscholarship